(I’ll be peppering all of my posts this month with my favorite things to buy this holiday season! Click on the images to buy them yourself.)
It’s the second week of December, so here is your mission for this week: Get those cards and gifts written, packed and shipped! I know it might still seem early to you, but I promise this is definitely the week to get your homemade cookies, cards and gifts out there so they arrive on time. Shipping now means you can take advantage of First Class Mail (packages under 13 ounces) and Parcel Post (packages over 13 ounces), which is WAY cheaper than Express or Priority…and don’t be duped by Flat Rate boxes!! If you don’t have something heavy to send, this will sometimes be 5 TIMES the price of weighing and shipping normally.
This year, (after a huge baking disaster last year), I will be making truffles on Tuesday for some far away friends, so my photos and recipes will be coming soon! Jeff and I had a hilarious time shooting our photo for our Christmas card this year and I promise to reveal it once I get the actual cards sent later in the week.
Here’s my own To-Do list for this week:
- December 10th: Make truffle grocery list and shop for supplies. Photoshop labels for truffles. Finish shopping for Jeff and Joan (my mom).
- December 11th: Make truffles all day!
- December 12th: Pack truffles and wrap. Fill out Christmas cards and address. Prep to ship everything.
- December 13th: Ship all Christmas goodies. Make party grocery list and prep charts. Pull together Christmas party outfit.
- December 14th: Party prep. Design and print food labels. Start decorating house and set up photo booth.
- December 15th: CHRISTMAS PARTY! Prep and cook all day.